- Implementation of Kerala State Restriction in Transfer of Lands and Restoration of Alienated Land Act 1999
This scheme is to help the ST population to get the benefits provided under the Transfer of Lands and Restoration of Alienated Land Act 1999. The Act provides for restricting the transfer of lands by members of Scheduled Tribes in the State and for the restoration of possessions of lands alienated by such members and for matters connected therewith. The outlay is for restoration of alienated land and development activities in the land, infrastructure facilities etc.
- Enforcement of Prevention of Atrocities Act [50% CSS]
The department has been championing the cause of protecting the tribals from various kinds of Atrocities by ensuring proper implementation of provisions under the Prevention of Atrocities Act, 1989.Special Benches have been constituted in all District Courts for the speedy disposal of cases registered under the Atrocities Act. Major components of the scheme include.
- Formulation of appropriate schemes for providing compensation and rehabilitation of the victims of atrocities.
- Providing legal aid to the victims of atrocities.
- Functioning of the special mobile police squad in Wayanad District.
- Payment of travelling allowance to witnesses.
- Implementation of Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest Dwellers [Recognition of Forest Rights] Act, 2006 under Art. 275
The outlay is being utilized for implementation of Forest Rights Act 2006 i.e., surveying the land, issuing record of rights, fencing of land under the Act, Development activities & infrastructure development in the land distributed area under this act etc. The scheme is implemented in all Districts except Kasaragod& Alappuzha. Implementation of Forest Rights Act – 2006 in the State started during 2008. ST department is the nodal agency for implementation of this Act. In collaboration with the Forest department and Revenue department, Individual Rights, Community Rights and Development Rights of the tribes as prescribed under the Act are recognized and Record of Rights are issued.